Product and Market Analyst
In an effort to maximize our product and market potential, Datalogics is looking for an experienced Product and/or Market Analyst. This is a new role at Datalogics and will report to the Director of Product Management. The ideal candidate will work closely with Product Managers in representing the voice of the customer by developing deep market and customer knowledge to drive new product initiatives and improve decision making.
- Develops marketplace expertise. Creates professional relationships with stakeholders in the marketplace to understand key needs of the markets served by Datalogics.
- Provides market intelligence to support product development/rationalization efforts and strategic product line initiatives.
- Identify business issues, opportunities, and information needs. Design and conduct appropriate market research in response to the issues and needs identified.
- Assist in the design and development of product concept testing using appropriate primary and secondary methods and sources.
- Compile information in support of a variety of analyses, including measurements of market potentials, market-share, and sales projection opportunities. Contribute to business plans and strategy.
- Supports product positioning efforts through careful analysis of the competitive landscape. Develops competitive analysis tools.
- Provides pricing comparatives.
- Assist in planning marketing strategies and objectives.
- Contribute writing (i.e. blogs and white papers) to support our content strategy.
- Develop tools (like ROI calculators) to drive additional sales.
- Help develop buyer personas to support product success.
- Suggest new product ideas and concepts to Product Management.
- Assist in verticalizing product solutions to improve our reach.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure successful launches and business planning.
- Demonstrated research, analysis, and spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment where a high degree of collaboration is required.
- Excellent personal leadership, collaboration, communication, and analytical skills are required.
- With direction, ability to understand, and translate, customer insight/marketing research data tools and techniques into actionable insights to drive decision-making.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills are required. Some knowledge of and experience with competitive / marketplace research tools and analytics is required.
- Able to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines is required.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills are required.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Ability to organize and present information to internal business partners is required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Must demonstrate proficiency in statistical analysis; experience working with sales tracking and reporting software.
- Ability to travel overnight as needed; overnight travel is estimated at 20%.
- Incumbent must demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial aptitude and be solution-focused. A strong sense of urgency and ability to manage numerous projects at one time are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5+ years’ experience in a market/product analysis role
- Experience working with reports in Salesforce and other analysis tools
Datalogics was founded in 1967 in Chicago. We got our start in the "document technology" business early, participating in the ISO committee to standardize SGML, the forerunner of XML and HTML, and developing one of the first computerized batch pagination typesetting systems. Since 1993 we've been working with Adobe, acting as the key channel for several of their PDF and eBook toolkits, including the Adobe PDF Library, Adobe Reader Mobile SDK and the Adobe PDF Java Toolkit. Today we support hundreds of customers worldwide who are using our technology in diverse mission-critical applications.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and an awesome 401K match. You must be legally able to work in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time