We are pleased to announce that Reader Mobile SDK 11 (RMSDK) and Adobe Content Server 6 (ACS) integrated with the Readium SDK, which provides EPUB 3 support, are available from Adobe® and Datalogics®.
RMSDK 11 supports many of the EPUB 3 features. Major features include:
- Fixed layout: Useful for graphic novels, children’s and travel books, cookbooks and textbooks, all are rich with illustrations and photographs. The layout and design remain fixed no matter what the screen size is.
- MathML: Enables accurate display of mathematical formulas that can flow with the rest of the text.
- Audio, video and animation: Add rich features that allow eBooks to come to life for your readers by increasing their engagement with the content.
RMSDK 11 is now available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Datalogics is currently building EPUB 3 support into DL Reader through the use of RMSDK 11 and will have a release available for customers soon so that they can jumpstart their eBook reader development. This new support for EPUB 3 is in addition to the existing support for EPUB 2 and PDF files that has been the core of Adobe and Datalogics eBook offerings.
To check out the new EPUB 3 support, you can download Adobe Digital Editions 4 (ADE) today!
For our ACS customers, you will be excited to know that ACS 6 supports new business models that allow for easy distribution of content to different markets and geographies. With ACS 6, you will find support for:
- Subscription: Direct support for the subscription models that are becoming popular in the eBook market
- School: Allow students to share devices in school settings without device limitations
- Bulk Fulfillment: For corporate library content or small training class settings, allows one administrator to manage content across a number of desktop computers and devices, shared by a small group of users
- GEO Pricing: Supports transaction pricing based on geo locations
- MRSP Pricing: Provides differential transaction fee based on the publisher’s price
We are also excited to let you know that DL Reader is being updated for iOS 8 and will be available within the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, RMSDK has been updated to support Xcode 6 to enable developers to take advantage of new features in iOS 8 and is now available from Datalogics. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about Xcode 6 support.
To learn more about RMSDK 11 and EPUB 3 support, check out our RMSDK product page! As we continue to integrate enhanced EPUB 3 support, we will have more news about RMSDK 11 and ACS 6 for you as it becomes available. Stay tuned!