Many industries have strict requirements around file storage for documents like technical blueprints, government/court records, and financial records. If you need to store your files for the long term while protecting the document’s fidelity, you can convert your PDF to PDF/A. Let’s explore some benefits of converting PDF to PDF/A.
Benefits of document preservation:
- Prevents your files from becoming obsolete in the years to come.
- Preserves document fidelity, including layout, fonts, formatting, and more. Benefits of Meeting Compliance and standardization requirements.
- PDF/A offers many preservation options based on your needs, including PDF/A level a (accessible), level b (basic), and level u (Unicode).
Benefits of meeting compliance standards:
- Conversion to PDF/A ensures all of your documentation meets the preservation requirements of your industry.
- An example is ZUGFeRD, an invoice standard based on PDF/A-3 plus XML data set forth by the German Government. Converting PDF to PDF/A will make your documents compliant with ZUGFeRD or any other compliance requirements or standards.
- Being compliant helps you avoid costly fines or legal action.
Now that we’ve shown you a few benefits of converting your PDF to PDF/A, why not try it out yourself? Try out our free Convert PDF to PDF/A web service to begin converting files to PDF/A right away.
The web service is just a sneak peek of what our PDF conversion technology can do. For more customization options, try our PDF REST APIs to create flexible processes unique to your organization, with no need for overhead or infrastructure commitments.