If you need to optimize your PDFs for faster viewing on the web, linearization is the best solution. When you open a linearized PDF, all the information needed to render the first page is readily available, allowing it to load the first page quickly. Let’s take a look at some benefits of linearizing your PDFs.
Benefits of PDF Linearization:
- Start reading and interacting with the PDF online before the entire PDF has been downloaded.
- Load large documents, those consisting of hundreds or even thousands of pages without requiring excessive amounts of processing bandwidth resources.
- All the information needed to render the first page (ex: embedded fonts) is organized in a structured manner.
- A linearized PDF allows you to jump to any page and see the content immediately because the internal structure of the PDF has been organized to support ‘fast web view’.
- Especially helpful when accessing large documents from any remote URL or resource, be it from a browser, mobile, desktop or server application.
Now that we’ve shown you a few benefits of linearizing your PDFs, why not try it for yourself? We invite you to use our free Linearize PDF web service to see how it works.
The web service is only a fraction of what our PDF conversion technology can do. For more customization, try our PDF REST APIs to build robust and innovative solutions with no overhead or infrastructure commitments.