There are two main reasons to split PDFs: isolating content and reducing file size. These benefits can be endless, but let’s look at some of the most important ones.
Benefits of isolating content:
- Adds an additional security measure by removing confidential or private information that should not be shared.
- Reduces errors in manual consumption by allowing the recipients to focus on the most pertinent information for their needs, saving them the time to comb through documents for the data they need.
- Keeping readers engaged through smaller pieces of content that are easier to digest.
- Streamlining business processes by providing only the information that needs follow-up actions.
Benefits of reducing file size:
- Fewer issues with transferring information: smaller PDF attachments avoid file size limitations when emailing, without triggering threat monitoring and security alerts.
- Faster processing of documents when emailing or printing.
- Lower content abandons and bounce rates due to high open or download times.
- Less expensive to store files.
Ready to see how splitting PDFs can simplify your workflow? Test out our free Split PDF web service to see how easy it is to separate a PDF document – with no contact info required. If you need a customized solution, check out our PDF REST API options that let you create flexible and agile processes for your organization.