Senior Support Engineer
The primary responsibility of the Senior Support Engineer is to provide end user support for implementation and usage of the Adobe PDF Library and related products. That responsibility includes customer case management using Salesforce and Jira. As a Senior Support Engineer, he or she is expected to contribute to documentation and knowledgebase content.
In addition, the Senior Support Engineer is expected to continually improve his or her knowledge of the product line, related programming languages, related software development tools and supported platform environments. This position requires frequent interaction with other Datalogics personnel including salespersons, developers and other support team members. Problem solving and communication skills are a vital requirement for success
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Debugging customer submitted applications (C/C++, .NET, and Java) as well as writing new code samples for distribution to customers
- Creating and maintaining virtual environments for all supported environments for software testing
- Supporting continuous process improvement
We’re open to individuals with varying levels of experience in the software customer support field having the following qualities:
- 3+ years in a software support role
- 2 years application development, maintenance or testing.
- Intermediate level and above experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS. A plus for Android and iOS experience)
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to work well within a team
- Attention to detail – organization skills
- Agility – the ability to change priorities as required
- Willingness to communicate with other team members and management proactively and in a positive manner
- Initiative and problem-solving expertise
- Technical drive – willingness to acquire new skills to resolve unique issues
Required code languages:
Code Languages as a Plus:
File Format Languages:
Experience with one or more developer environments such as:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with PDF and Postscript languages
- Experience creating, running, and modifying shell scripts
- Prior customer support or help desk experience, particularly for software support
- Experience with Salesforce and Apex coding a plus
- Familiarity with Git or similar code management systems
This role has the potential of being a 100% remote position depending on location of hired individual.
Compensation is based on your level of relevant expertise when joining the Support team. Training in specific areas will be provided as needed to augment your skill set and college tuition reimbursement is available. Senior Support Engineers have exposure to a far-ranging set of technical issues with corresponding opportunity for advancement in the company.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and 401K matching. You must be legally able to work in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time